Thursday, December 31, 2009

iBook upgrade

I still had 3 unused licenses of Leopard in my Family Pack (we had used 2, one for Kjersti and the other for me) and since the iBook had a bit better than the minimum requirements, I decided to try it. The main reason for this is that Firefox and some other software I wanted needed better than the Panther the iBook came with. So far so good, Firefox is up to date. I also upgraded to QuartzX11 and put on Inkscape and GIMP. I could not install iLife from the Panther disc with Leopard as the OS, it just couldn't even see the software. However, I was able to do it by taking the machine back to Panther intalling the bundled software and then upgrading to Leopard.

Jan had fun playing with Garageband and seems to prefer the ibook to the Compac which is running Ubuntu.

No comments: