Thursday, August 31, 2006

First Beta Test


Wow, I got invited to download and help test the new Crossover Office for Mac. I have been awaiting this software and really have high hopes for getting it to free me from Microsoft domination. If all goes well, I will be able to leave the Windows Partition to a minimum and enjoy all my stuff from the sleek Macintosh interface. Wahoo!

Anyway, I am now awaiting as to whether they will let me advocate for the apps I really need like WMP10 and Audible. I have both in the Windows Partition and can use them that way but it makes doing things with them a bit fussy.

2 comments:

Paolo Palumbo said...

Yeah, I also gave it a ride, but I was a bit disappointed. I just tried the installation of an unsupported application, and the result was nothing. The "bottle" was just containing Netscape (???) stuff, and no file from the package I really wanted to install...

Luckily, Parallels works pretty well and VMWare is on its way... ;)

Muggie said...

BootCamp was free but I still had to buy a new copy of Windows, I had SP1 not 2. I'm not ready to give up though. That's one of my faults, I don't let go, though I may take a back seat and hope for inspiration.

Thanks for the comment, though.